View Single Post
Old 01-07-2004, 09:47 PM   #31
Lord of Angmar
Tyrannus Incorporalis

Lord of Angmar has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Did anyone else notice that the siege hammer Grond was depicted as a giant, cruel-looking wolf with flames in the pit of its stomach? It was described thusly in the book:<P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>Long had it been forging in the dark smithies of Mordor, and its hideous head, founded of black steel, was shaped in the likeness of a ravening wolf; on it spells of ruin lay. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>It seemed to me that it should have been called "Carcharoth."<P>My favorite part of the Battle of the Pelennor Fields had to be the <I>mumakil</I> and their battle with the Riders of Rohan; visually stunning and terrifying. The battle conveyed to me a sense of desperation and longing for better days. Although Denethor's jump from the Citadel was a little nutty (quite an understatement, actually ), the camera shot immediately following this, with its sweep from the Citadel to Minas Tirith as a whole to the great battle at its flanks, was one of my favorites of the whole film trilogy.