View Single Post
Old 08-17-2008, 03:39 PM   #32
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Formy
Actually, given the distribution on population on this continent of ours, an east/west divide might be more appropriate than north/south, though I certainly agree a divide would be necessary.
Indeed. And in reality, I think the division would have to be made into even more than two...the US and Canada simply covers so much area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilde
As I recall, this sort of discussion was bounced around a few years back in this forum, with the North American threads developing along the lines of SE, NE, Midwest, Great Lakes etc.
Yes there was, way back yonder in the early days. I don't think very many meetings actually happened, but I searched for the old threads and found them in case anyone wants to revive them:

Canadians

Midwest US

Southeast US

Texas

London/England

Australia

Seattle/Northwest US

California (Bay Area)

East Coast US

There were a lot of other threads about other locations, but I think these were the only ones specifically discussing possible gatherings. It's interesting to look at these old threads, though sadly many of the members who posted are long gone. It seems that there were a lot more Americans back in those days. Now I think there may be more Europeans...or maybe it just feels that way...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae
In that case, I wonder how many downers could make it to upstate NY next spring.
Depending on when in the spring (if I'm still in Boston and not in the middle of finals), I would definitely do everything in my power to try and make it. I really would hate to miss such an event. Hmm...it seems like Mac and Rikae's wedding could end up becoming a major BD gathering.

Btw, I highly encourage BDers to come visit Boston starting September 7 and on. In my personal opinion, it's one of the best (and historical) cities to visit in the US, plus it's absolutely gorgeous in the fall. But most importantly, it's where I happen to go to school.