View Single Post
Old 09-26-2004, 04:40 AM   #171
Orofaniel
Mighty Mouse of Mordor

Orofaniel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Orofaniel
Pipe

Hello

I'm sorry for the lack of participation lately - both in game thread and discussion thread. I've just been so caught up in work and all. I'm very sorry.

I have now, however, filled my save on page three and written a post of Galhardir when he falls though the ice.

My post for Child's save. Thank you for putting up that, btw.

Orofaniel's post: Galhardir POSTED TO GAME

All of a sudden it seemed so foggy. He couldn't see much, except for his feet and the small area of ice around it. There seemed to be no front and no back. What direction should he go? Where was Luindal? His heart beat faster as he panicked. He was lost, wasn't he? He struggled to find the rope around has waist. Luckily it was still there. A sigh of relief crossed his lips as he pulled the rope wit his hands with great effort. Then he noticed it; it had been cut. The split ends were now just in front of him and not in Hilde’s hands as it should have been. How could this be? A sudden panic hit him once again. He tried walking forwards, but he stopped as he wondered if it really was forwards at all. He could be going the opposite direction of the shore, he didn't know. He couldn't do anything but stand there, feeling his heart beat faster and faster for every minute that passed by. His limbs felt cold and uneasy, as he looked into the fog, looking for Luindal. However, it was all in vain.

"Luindal?" he whispered longing to hear Luindal’s voice again. It was nothing more than a whisper He was petrified and scared as he heard no reply from the Captain or any one else. Galhardir then decided to try on direction as he figured just standing there wouldn't get him out of this unpleasant and horrifying situation. Suddenly, he could feel the ice beneath him being torn apart. He didn't know what was happening, except for that he found himself balancing on one of the huge ice cubes. The sound of the cruel water as it hit the ice was drowning all his other thoughts. Never had Galhardir felt so utterly alone and helpless in his entire life. Thoughts weren't welcome in these situations, just actions. He had to gain his balance if he was to keep himself above the water. That was all that mattered; keeping himself above water, because if he fell in, his chances were low. He made a jump and it led him to safety, or so he thought. He then started to run, away form the area with the torn ice, and he didn't notice the big hole right in front of him. His speed was too great, and he didn’t noticed it before he had leapt right in it.

He clenched to the ice, not wanting to let go as half of his body was already in the cold water. The icy water had already gone through his clothes and his could feel it in his limps and bones. His voice tried yet again to call for help, but it was to no use. No one could help him now. He fingers still held tight to the ice, but he knew that he wouldn't manage to do it much longer as his body went cold and his mind flew far away. He couldn't help thinking about Gunnhild, his brothers' wife and his nephew, Rodhal.

Minutes passed, and still Gahardir held tight. He fought against the frost, but he knew he could not win this battle- the water was unbeatable. His hands and fingers were frozen and as a cold wind passed, he let go - Unwillingly of course. He just couldn't hold it any longer. He would fall into the cold water underneath it. He sank slowly, and as he felt his head hit the back the hard surface he knew he was trapped. Even if he had the energy to try saving his life, it wouldn't be impossible because he was now under the thick ruthless ice. With one last try to reach the surface that was still not covered with ice, he was out of breath.

Cheers,
Orofaniel

Last edited by piosenniel; 09-26-2004 at 01:14 PM.