View Single Post
Old 05-28-2003, 12:05 PM   #72
DayVampyre
Wight

DayVampyre has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye

"Go and get your sword then my good Elf, it would be nice to practice against someone compitant for a change." Avery said, standing up and rested her hand on her sword.

LinGalad smiled but then Ajada interjected,

"Yes, well good for you, I hope you don't fall on your sword." Avery ignored the remark and went outside. LinGalad came out a few moments later along with Kalir, Ajada, and Anarya.

Avery drew her blade as did LinGalad. Avery had no idea what she was getting herself into, although she didn't realise it at the time. Even if LinGalad was not skilled, he was still an Elf. Avery had never sparred off against an elf and didn't know any of the techniques that they used.

Thier blades clanged together and Avery put forth a good effort, but LinGalad was the one who had the upper hand. By the middle of the fight, Avery was exhausted. She dodged behind crates and leapt over the rocks, but LinGalad always seemed to be a step ahead of her.

Finally she called it off.

"That's...it...you...win." She said in between breaths looking up at LinGalad from the ground.

He smiled and gave her a hand up.

"He's pretty good, oh, Ajada why don't you show off your great skills?" Avery said, not meaning it to start an arguement, but more of a joke.

Ajada was not amused.

"I think you should give that elf a try, shame not to use that sword you've got there" Avery said addressing Anarya. "although he may put a few unwanted nics into it." Avery finished sitting down on a nearby box. "LinGalad, I think you're going to have to teach me some of your skills if you want me to practice with you again and be anything of a challenge."

"Oh, don't think this little demonstration of yours has thrown me off any!" Ajada burst, apparently unable to contain herself anymore. "I don't quite completely understand your motives yet!" she was clearly going to carry on, when Avery quickly said,

"The reason why you don't understand us is because we're talkin' in English, and you're listinin' in Dingbat!"