View Single Post
Old 05-15-2003, 04:45 PM   #52
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

VanimaEdhel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to VanimaEdhel Send a message via MSN to VanimaEdhel
Silmaril

Kalir smiled back at Anarya, not really knowing what else to do. The others encouraged him to tell his story after Avery left, but he was not sure. He had such a simple story, and he had lived such a short time, he did not want to sound petty and naive in comparison to these other travellers.

"Well, I lived a simple life. I am the son of a farmer. His father was a farmer before him, as well and, his father...well, I guess you get the picture. Erm...well, I guess the only excitement was when this business with the deaths began happening. They - uh - they found my brother and father mangled, and I came to see what was...happening."

Kalir's voice cracked a bit at the last sentence, but he hoped that no one noticed. He saw sympathetic smiles, and he felt a few pats on his back. He took a small breath and sat back.

"Does anyone else have an interesting story?" Kalir asked merrily, once more happy to be amongst these friends, and trying to forget his young sister and older mother at home, alone on the farm.

[ May 15, 2003: Message edited by: VanimaEdhel ]