Thread: Password
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2023, 09:37 PM   #12267
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urwen View Post
Or maybe Mim, if the clues 1 and 2 are a pair.
So I also read the first clue as likely relating to Mim. What other cursed hoards are there? There is the Doriath loot, but I don't think there's the last of a line involved. Smaug was the last great dragon, but I don't think his hoard was specifically cursed, no one laid a curse on it. I thought that Mim was the only one who fit the bill.

And therefore where would be in NARGOTHROND, while the second would be at AMON RUDH.

If 4 is a reference to Thingol's death by greedy / insulted Dwarves, then in DORIATH.

5 sounds like a reference to 4, but this really doesn't sound like Thingol. What it does sound like is the Dwarves of BELEGOST bearing away their fallen kind Azaghal during the Nirnaeth.

There is very much a Dwarven flavour to this, I think. I thought 3 would be DURIN, but I can't find mention of mist on his breath in Gimli's Durin song, and besides it doesn't have enough letters.

Then, when I first read "pit" my mind went to Tol-in-Gaurhoth. However, this is a Dwarven pit, in the Common speech - and therefore DWARROWDELF?