View Single Post
Old 05-05-2019, 12:29 PM   #243
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urwen View Post
Do you think that some of the other characters will support him during the Final Battle?
Why wouldn't they? Except for whatever metaphysical limitations may occur, I don't think Turin would stand alone.

As for the limitations, I'm really not sure how and in what form Turin will return to this world to defeat Morgoth. Did his fea never leave the world, never accepted the Gift, waiting for the ultimate conclusion and closure of his story? Did it come back from beyond the Circles of the World? Where did his body come from? Are others able to come back the same way or is it just him? I don't know/remember very much about the Final Battle, so it's hard to answer.

ETA: But I don't think the reason for Turin's victory will be his prowess in combat, or his weapons and armour. I think all these things will only be an external manifestation of the battle of wills. Turin, finally able to direct all of the bitterness accumulated over his life straight at the cause of his misery, will not hold anything back, and I think Morgoth would be a little overwhelmed by the amount of emotional force directed at him. Turin is a very passionate character who tends to internalize his emotions like a sponge, and in COH the overflow always spills out negatively. I think in the Battle they get to be squeezed out of the sponge and directed at Morgoth, and after that fight Turin would find peace.

Last edited by Galadriel55; 05-05-2019 at 12:35 PM.
Galadriel55 is offline   Reply With Quote