View Single Post
Old 04-18-2019, 06:46 AM   #144
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urwen View Post
I wouldn't oppose either of those couples.

It would be interesting for sure. Turin, heir of Nargothrond, via marriage. Tuor, heir of Gondolin, via marriage. And Beren, heir of Doriath, via marriage.

All three of big mortal heroes of Silm could have inherited each of the three greatest Elven realms at the time, if it weren't for that pesky Curse of Morgoth. How sad....
... and in at least two of those cases, their wives would be the power behind the throne.

Oh, Tuor might look all strong and tough, but Idril is a Seer; you know she's going to be calling the shots. And Luthien - well, would you argue with her?!

I'm not sure about Turin and Finduilas; someone who's read The Children of Hurin more recently than me would probably have a better grasp on her. But Turin is kind of a terrible leader in the long term (see: literally everywhere he goes), so I'd hope he'd at least listen to what the woman who's been living there 400+ years has to say.

hS
Huinesoron is offline   Reply With Quote