View Single Post
Old 10-22-2022, 01:36 PM   #14
Bęthberry
Cryptic Aura

Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
And I'm not even starting about the geological plot twist in the end because I can't pretend I understand how volcanos work, but I would think it's not like this...
Not that this redeems the scene in any way, but I have walked in a hot volcano field, about three miles away from the volcano cone, which was not erupting with fizzy fireworks. There were gurgling mud pots and the air was hot and we didn't stand in one place too long as the heat penetrated the soles of our shoes but it is possible to be that close to a volcano. Folks close to Mount St. Helen when it erupted, however, did tend to die even when farther away.

Quote:
This pretty much summarises my feelings about the whole show. I would like it to be better but it just isn't. It has been particularly striking how bad the witing is after catching up with it after only having watched House of the Dragon and Andor recently... both are so much better written.
I agree about Andor, very much (to me, who has not seen Rogue and generally who does not like much SW after the original three). Andor seems believable as a depiction of the Empire prior to A New Hope even though its tone is much different. Not that my thoughts have much to do with RoP, except that it is possible to create a prequel that bears some relationship to what follows while being different. Then again, with Andor I am not constantly recalling known characters. That I think is part of the proble with RoP.