Thread: Password
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2015, 02:45 PM   #2125
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pervinca Took View Post
And one more thing: 'lose a note' or 'gain a note' will usually mean a musical note - and indicate that you should either add or remove A. B, C, D, E, F or G (one of the seven musical notes).

There are others. In crossword clues 'engineer' can indicate add RE for Royal Engineer - and there are others that I don't know or have forgotten, too.
I recall ER for Elizabeth Regina being popular a while back. And abbreviations for states are also not unheard of. Also, the notes have the do-re-mi system as well, which might pop up.

SPM made a pretty good post about cryptic clues rules in the Cryptic thread here: http://www.forum.barrowdowns.com/sho...30&postcount=7 . I suggest to take a look at it as it explains how the clues work and how to solve them (and make them).

On a different note, I do my best to follow along, but usually can't sit down for long enough to actually solve anything. Well done to all the guessers!