View Single Post
Old 08-14-2003, 07:37 PM   #33
Elianna
Shade of Carn Dûm

Elianna has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

I've always loved to parody the Aragorn/Arwen bridge scene: "Do you remember the first time we meet?" "Of course! How could I forget? Umm...It was...uh...it was...." "It was on your 20th birthday." "Yes. I was about to say that. I remember it like it was yesterday." "Do you remember what I told you?" *thinks about it for a while* "That you loved me?" Then Arwen would give an annoyed laugh and just walk away.<P>I had always thought that Aragorn sounded really nasal, like a duck, when he says "It has no other master."<P>Whenever I watch when Merry and Pippin are running up and joining the Fellowship, Elrond looks like he's just about ready to kill them right there. I always think "Watch out Pippin! It's Agent Smith! He's got a gun!"<P>Another Agent Smith/Elrond thing is the parallels in Elrond's lines bashing the race of men ("weak" "because of men the Ring survives" "scattered, devided, leaderless") and Agent Smith: "Humanity is a disease, cancer of this planet. You're a...plague. And we are the cure." It sounds like something Elrond would say.<P>I also think it's funny that the ONE true father/daughter couple in the enitre triology (Elrond/Arwen)only have one scene together in the entirey of the two movies. And in this one scene: he makes her cry!<BR>And along the same line: Elrond practically rised Aragorn and in their only TWO scenes together: they argue.<P>Also, it's funny to see who Galadriel looks at while she's talking when she first meets the Fellowship: "and in all lands, love is now mingled with grief... BOROMIR!"<P>And another thing that bugs me...(I do seem to have a lot, last one, promise.) When Gandalf, Aragorn, Gimli and Legolas first get to Medusled: Hama: "You have to give up your weapons" Aragorn et al disarm... Twenty minutes later... Hama: "Okay, now you can go in."<BR>Then when they're in the Hall, Aragorn, Legolas and Gimli are fung fu-ing all the guards, kickin' some majorly awesome bootty and Gandalf's just like "Theoden!" with great love and passion. I guess you'd have to hear it for it to be as funny as I find it.<P>Yeah, I totally lied about it being the last thing: In the first chapter of TTT, Aragorn and Co. are looking at the Uruk-hai and see that there's an 's' rune on their helmets. Gimli says "S for Sauron." I always think: "This orc brought to you by the letter S, for Sauron! And by the number 1, for the One Ring!"<P>Sorry to be so long-winded. I'll be quiet now.
Elianna is offline   Reply With Quote