View Single Post
Old 08-06-2003, 09:02 PM   #1
Eruwen

Eruwen has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien Has anyone ever noticed?

Has anyone noticed the tiny things throughout the first movie that you just see and laugh at because no matter how many times you've seen the movie, you've never noticed them before?<P>Well I've seen the movie 21 times. I have caught a few little things in the movie that just struck me funny. Read through them, and add your own if you've noticed anything different. {From first or second movie, though, mine are all from the first.}<P><B>My findings:</B><BR>1. When Gandalf and Bilbo are smoking pipeweed right before Bilbo's party, and Gandalf blows the ship through the circle, his cheeks go in and out like a fish as he blows. <P>2. This is actually from the book, but it can be associated with the movie as well. Technically, Gollum shouldn't be so into the whole "it's my birthday present, I want it back" ordeal, because Frodo recieved the ring from Bilbo on his birthday as well. So really it was Frodo's birthday present too. <P>3. When the Hobbits are in the Green Dragon, and Frodo brings the mugs to the table, he slides them to each of the people at the table. If you watch Sam, he doesn't even look at the mug, but somehow it slides perfectly into his hand. How many takes did they go through before they got that right anyway?<P>4. In Bree, when Pippin says his "It comes in pints?" line, Merry answers him making this slightly funny sound inside the mug of ale he's drinking. I just always found that funny when I heard it. <P>5. When the Hobbits and Strider are leaving Weathertop, and Aragorn says "he needs Elvish medicine", Sam replies with "But we're 6 days from Rivendell. He'll never make it!". Technically, how does Sam know they are 6 days from Rivendell? Wasn't it just earlier in the movie that he said he'd never been that far away from home? Has he ever been to Rivendell before? Not that I know of. Interesting...<P>6. Oh, you'll love this one. When the Fellowship has reached the bank of the Anduin in the almost last scene, and Legolas says "We should move on" {or something like that}, oh, this is horrible. You will die. If you look at Legolas' hair, he has a few hairs out of place!!! Isn't it tragic?!? But seriously, his hair is a bit messed up. I just felt like throwing in that one. It has no real purpose.<P>Well, tell me if you've found anything else like this that is a bit comical. I'm not talking movie mistakes here, cause we've all seen the extremely long list of those. These are little things that aren't necessarily a mistake, but just seem funny to you.
Eruwen is offline   Reply With Quote