View Single Post
Old 01-14-2003, 06:30 PM   #17
maikafanawen
Tears of Simbelmynė

maikafanawen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to maikafanawen
Pipe

My cousin is visiting and has an opinion on this thread:<P>I am with the idea of warrior-elves. I mean honestly they were SO cool when they showed up at Helms Deep, it was one of my favorite parts, but I do not want any <I>Rivendell</I> Elves entering to the sound of harps and turning in synchronization at Gondor. The first time is great but I want to see the race of men come together and fight. I have not read the entire series but my cousin (known as Maikafanawen here) has told me everything she can and I am going to join the band to hunt down this PJ if it's true he's actually not going to put the dunedain in ROTK. Reading the snid-bits of passage on them in the book they sound perfect for the deliverers of Anduril and the banner to Aragorn. They're like presenting his history and past back to him with honor this time! His own people!! Arwen would NOT have the same awesomely moving effect as they would. It's a shame! Arwen wasn't even a main part in the book. I think they should have let her remain some mysterious elf-woman and put back all the characters she's replased [i.e. Glorfingel (sp?) and now the dunedain!] grrArwengrrr