View Single Post
Old 09-24-2015, 05:19 PM   #137
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Well, well, well - one is away for a short time and comes back to get a couple of votes out of the blue. More interestingly, it's like one person who finds me suspicious and two other ones pretty randomly voting me, while the first person doesn't.

I flip-flopped about Lommy several times reading this thread now: she has this attitude which seriously makes me wonder how she can be innocent, because I have never seen her for example misread me in such a way. I agree with her saying that she's better in figuring me out in RL than in WW, but I've been wondering whether this might be just an act she is hiding behind, in order to cast a suspicion around. Voting for somebody else might then be just a way to distance herself from my potential lynch. It's interesting anyway, because it's been a long time since I have seen a Wolf-Lommy and truth be told, it should actually be me saying that she has been acting somewhat weird in this game (mostly by saying that I am acting differently, which puzzles me, because everything aside whether one suspects me of being a Wolf or whatever, I certainly am not).

But to be absolutely honest, Greenie in the last few Days has been far worse in terms of going after me. Then again Wolves are often not that single-minded. Then again again, it is easy for a Wolf to focus on one person to persecute and then when the person is lynched, say "ah, I was wrong, sorry, gotta reevaluate!" and find a new target. Especially in such a small village, I mean, such a tactic could work better than in bigger one.

Anyway, that all being said, I would personally expect a Wolf to be clever, and Greenie even more so. But if she was the Wolf, it would mean that she would have to consider the rest of the village dumb enough to jump on me, which is maybe a bit too blunt tactic for Greenie. So maybe I am going to give her the benefit of doubt now. After all, Eomer also acted in a pattern that was similar, and look how that ended.

But anyway, now that is getting into the risk of starting to judge people based on how they act towards me, which whereas might partially also bear some witness, is really just a single part (although with this little activity in the village and with the last few people mentioning me probably by the highest percentage, there isn't very much to choose from).

What else? There was the matter of sally indeed being a bit questionable, sadly I haven't heard from her toDay. Rikae's last post also did sound partly fishy to me, at least on first read. Specifically, it was kind of "being nice and sensible". Rikae's reply to me is "civil", which of course is nice, but I am just wondering if it is too civil (like intentionally so). But then the rest of the thoughts are ones I could relate to, or at least follow the thoughts and think that they could be coming from an innocent, such as:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae
I'm really confused by Sally's behavior, but I'm inclined to think it's more innocentishly weird than wolfishly weird. I have to think a wolf would have voted to save herself. She could have been taking the chance that she'd survive and look innocent for just that reason, I suppose (well, it's something I'd do as a wolf), but I don't really think so.
Unless of course Sally was the other Wolf and now that would be a way to smoothen the public image of her a little bit.

I also think, btw, that WWs are not very likely to go Wolf-on-Wolf at this stage. (Of course, now that I've said it... But seriously: the village is still small and there are two of them. Unless they have a brilliant reason to think one of them is totally going for the lynch toDay, there is no reason to bus one another.)

Also this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae
I'd like to look closer at everyone else. Besides Eomer, no one really jumped out at me, although Lommy has been giving off a creepy vibe. Greenie seems reasonable. I haven't gotten any read on Kath and Nerwen - I'll have to look closer at them. Legate has been playing very innocentishly, and I also doubt he would kill Shasta when it would point so strongly back to him.
Is the kind of attitude that either an innocent who was sure of having caught a Wolf (Eomer) might have (and now the world was crashed by realisation that it was wrong and they have to start anew), or then a Wolf who had a single-minded pursuit (see above what I said about Greenie) and then is not willing to commit to anything dramatic (especially not lynching an innocent). But to be honest, I think the former is more likely, also given the amount of people in the village etc. - hiding out is a better strategy for a Wolf than a single-minded pursuit. Stay out of the spotlight, would be what I would guess to be the motto for a Wolf in this game.

So, summary:

Lommy - probably Wolfy
Greenie - maybe perhaps possibly innocent
Rikae - possibly probably I would say innocent

Now if either Kath or Nerwen are Wolves, it's pretty awful (or if both!), because they have really not been around that much to produce anything that would give a good read (especially Kath - appear and vote...). Nerwen has been at least giving vibes of "not anything unusual", as far as I am concerned.

About sally then, I have to think... it would be nice to see her posting something more. I can't be around for much longer though.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote