View Single Post
Old 12-25-2003, 01:24 AM   #29
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: On the sand dunes outside of Ilium, watching it burn.
Everdawn has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Sírabel and Lanus

Kitanna left to speak with the other ranger. “You scared her away” laughed Lanus. Sírabel did not look impressed. “Well, I should still like to hear of you tale, if you would tell it.”

Sírabel sat up straight in her chair. She had never recalled the tales of the rangers before, not even to Lanus. She paused deep in thought before beginning.

“Well, Our meeting was brief, I made friends with one in an Inn outside of Minas Tirith, and he said that he was there visiting the King Elessar, (because people say that he used to be one of them you know) so we got talking and I found that he was riding north. Now, I was quite tired of walking until the blisters on my feet bled, Hamirdan was his name, he offered my a place on his horse. We reached, where was it? Oh yes. Minhiriath and there we camped with the other rangers who had come -and dear Eru I could have died! We were attacked by wildmen. You know me, im not a fighter, I was set atop of Hamirdan’s horse and told that if something went wrong I was to ride as fast as I could. Well there was no need of course- they are rangers after all.’

She stopped and glanced at her audience of two, and smiled. “We got to Bree and they went the other way, they said I might like it here, and I suppose they were right.”

Lanus clapped “Well done You Ladyship! You got on a horse and saved yourself!” in one swift movement Sírabel hit him on the back of the head.

“What was that for!” he cried.

“Being sarcastic.” Sírabel added. “At least its more interesting than the five sisters who were all called the same thing!” she crossed her arms and waited for her cake.

~My lord, Éomer~