View Single Post
Old 08-26-2003, 01:05 PM   #32
Annunfuiniel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Annunfuiniel has just left Hobbiton.
Boots

Hullo, I'm back! (And boy have I ever been on more exhausting 'vacation' than the one that just ended!)

Ok, things seem to be moving forward nicely.

I'll gladly welcome Willem to our crew; he sounds like a character who'll put things rolling, may that then be desirable or not (mental image: Will &co. stuffing little Kali into a barrel and rolling it down the Bree-hill. Sorry, couldn't resist!). [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

About the fire then: I'd still prefer the forest fire. I think the mill would burn down so fast that a successful rescue operation seems impossible to organize, in time. (I'm no expert in this, so please tell me if I'm totally lost here.) It's true the means of fighting a forest fire weren't very efficient but the Breelanders can at least try and keep the fire from expanding by digging trenches and cutting down the trees before the fire line while a rescue group goes to search the children. This would be a good opportunity for the Hobbits to prove themselves useful, what with the digging and all... Ok, that's my two pennies.

Total of 13-14 players sounds right to me so we definately should reduce the number of Big and Little Folk to max. 4 each.

Piosenniel, good question about the bandits; how many there'll be. I don't know for sure but they'd have to be quite numerous (tens at least, maybe closer to one hundred?), after all they are considered to be a real threat. Or are they? Maybe the townspeople don't take this threat as seriously as they should at first? Sharon, what say you?

Also about the bandits: I believe they'll appear in posts from the very beginning of the game: planning the attack, scouting, 'recruiting' more baddies etc. This leaves me wondering what might be the reason they won't attack until later? Don't they know that their existence and plan has been revealed? Maybe they need reinforcements? Would some smaller attack (or attempt of such) before the real onslaught be plausible? This might possibly feature in the stage B.

Ok, I'll let you consider these thoughts for a while now.

~Annun