View Single Post
Old 04-28-2020, 06:58 PM   #57
Barandiun
Newly Deceased

Barandiun has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
That is actually really cool. I don't remember not knowing what happens, so I'm curious about what your thoughts were reading through it for the first time. Do the cliffhangers actually work? Who do you cheer for the most? How do you imagine the characters? *hovers excitedly*

Also, on a similar note, may I suggest the Chapter by Chapter forum? A good place to post chapter-specific questions and impressions [which I personally love reading, hence the selfish moment].
Oh yes. It's totally exciting, not knowing what to think of Strider. Then learning more about who he is. Not knowing who it is when Gandalf returns as 'the white.' That's amazing. I wish I wasn't spoiled by popular culture that Gandalf the White exists. I would have loved the surprise of not thinking I would see him again. The most stressful parts were with and after meeting Shelob, not knowing about her two poisons. Not knowing what would become of Frodo and Sam. And worrying what would happen to Merry and Pippin the entire time the orcs have them.
Then watching Sméagol's transformation in front of Frodo's eyes. I never trusted him but there is so much anticipation wondering if he would betray them and what part he had to play in fate. I always wondered if I was going to be able to see what he could have been after the ring was destroyed.
I really rooted for the Hobbits. you can know how naïve they are. When amazing and frightening things happen, you can feel how unexpected must be when you only know just as much as they do.
Barandiun is offline   Reply With Quote