View Single Post
Old 04-24-2020, 01:15 PM   #54
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barandiun View Post
I was introduced to Tolkien by TheGreatElvenWarrior. Since Tolkien is her life, and I am her partner, I had an obligation to read The Hobbit then Lord of the Rings. So we read the Hobbit together, then we read Lord of the Rings together. Right after then we watched all the Peter Jackson movies (extended versions.) I appreciate how unfamiliar I was with the plot and most characters because the read was always surprising and totally exciting.
That is actually really cool. I don't remember not knowing what happens, so I'm curious about what your thoughts were reading through it for the first time. Do the cliffhangers actually work? Who do you cheer for the most? How do you imagine the characters? *hovers excitedly*

Also, on a similar note, may I suggest the Chapter by Chapter forum? A good place to post chapter-specific questions and impressions [which I personally love reading, hence the selfish moment].