View Single Post
Old 10-20-2010, 02:15 PM   #137
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I'm still on Silverlode as is CoD...we don't really play much right now, but...we got lifetime subs way back so we're not paying for anything.

It was a good MMO for me, and my first MMO. I enjoyed it. I was in a good, active guild for a long time. Unfortunately it failed, partially simply because they did not have the money backing them, and probably they didn't make the money to put back into the game because of bad decisions, etc. They haven't been able to put out any real content for a long time.

Anyway, I think the landscape design was great, actually. I'm not a huge lore person, and I never expected an intense adherence to lore out of an MMO which necessitates a gazillion epic heroes running around and lots of epic enemies to kill. Basically if you want the *real* Middle-earth...you're not going to get an MMO out of it. Which is fine. No need to have an MMO...but I enjoyed a Middle-earth-based MMO and the style of MMO they developed, with pretty much no emphasis on PvP (also part of why it failed).

Certainly it could have been done better. But part of what is necessary for better (such as for WoW), is lots of money. And yes, every MMO is trying to be WoW, because what does everyone compare every MMO to now...WoW...haha. Even though it was far from the first.

Anyway I'm still going to play occasionally, such as when I get more time... Legate already found me (I still need to respond to his mail...) My main is Rakein.

So once I get time again I'll be glad to do some questing and instances with people and help you out with getting gear and such.
Durelin is offline   Reply With Quote