View Single Post
Old 05-07-2004, 02:31 PM   #34
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
Lily, though she would be embarrased to admit it to any but herself, was getting bored of cleaning up. She also felt somewhat stifled for having been indoors for so long except for her brief sojourn out to the stables last night. She decided to go for a ride. After all, that is what I came to the Shire for in the first place, right? To explore new places? she thought. I don't really know anyone in here right now anyway. She leaned the broom she was using back up against the wall and headed for the door.

Once outside, Lily broke into a jog and then a run. It felt so good to stretch her legs! She couldn't see anyone nearby, and even so she really didn't care what people would think if they saw her. It was only a short way to the stables, so Lily wasn't even winded. Many of the horses still looked drowsy, but her pony Clover stamped his foot impatiently as if to say, "What took you so long?" Lily pulled an apple out of her pocket to give him, which he munched happily.

"Just a short ride today. I'll be right back," Lily assured him. Now, where to find my saddle, she wondered. She wandered up the aisle, looking around for any sign of where her riding gear might be. Ah, there!, Lily realized with a smile. It was a small room with the door slightly ajar. Inside she could see some saddles. She slipped in and found her saddle and bridle easily enough, and walked back to Clover's stall. She saddled him up for the ride and led him outside. Lily mounted.

"Ready, boy?" Clover shook his head, eager to go. Lily urged him into a canter and pointed him at a low fence, and was gone, off to explore the Shire.