View Single Post
Old 05-05-2004, 02:18 PM   #19
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
Lily awoke to sunshine streaming through the window and the smell of eggs and toast wafting up through the floorboards. The final song they had performed last night was still playing itself through her mind. Mmm, breakfast, she thought. Lily felt like she was starving and realized how little she had eaten last night. She hurriedly got ready and went downstairs.

Though it was still early there were already several people downstairs, some of them helping themselves to a delicious breakfast and some helping the staff to clean up from last night's party. Lily opted to join the former group. She got a hearty breakfast of eggs, ham, and tea and dug in. The food was delicious. As she ate, she observed the other people who were in the Common Room. She saw the Elf who had played her flute with them last night for a bit - Now what was her name again? Lily wondered - talking to a Man she vaguely recognized from last night. She wasn't sure who anyone else was.

When Lily had finished her breakfast she looked around for a way to help out in cleaning up. She noted all the tables and chairs gone askew and decided to start there. She pushed some chairs back to where they belonged by the tables and righted a table that had been pushed over. It didn't look like such a mess when I went upstairs last night. But now the place looks absolutely filthy! thought Lily. I suppose there's nothing for it. These mugs need to go back to the kitchen, I suppose. She picked up the stray mugs on a table and carried them into the kitchen. The Hobbit maid smiled her thanks and said, "Those can go over there." Lily did as directed and wandered out into the Common Room, this time picking up a broom to begin sweeping. As she swept, she found herself humming a tune from last night.

Home is behind, the world ahead.
And there are many pathes to tread.
Mist and shadow, cloud and shade,
All shall fade, all shadows fade