View Single Post
Old 05-04-2004, 10:55 PM   #12
Gird
Animated Skeleton

Gird has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

Gird went on bobbing for a while until he was unexpectedly approached by another man. “I am Bredan, would you mind if I join you in a drink, I am new to this place.”

"Huh? Oh, me? Why of course?" Gird managed to get out. He then flashed a toothy grin, remembering his manners. "Bartender! Oh, Miss Aman I mean. I would like a warm milk, and this young man will have.. an ale, sir?"

"Oh, yes thank you" came the man's reply.

"And to pay.." Gird started. He then pulled out a small gold statue of an eagle from under his cloak. Well, this will be too much certainly. He thought. So Gird promptly smashed the statue on the counter, breaking off it's wing. "There we are." he mused with a grin. he picked up the wing and then lay the bigger part on the counter as payment. He then turned to the man."Very nice establishment, eh?" The man didn't have time to answer, when someone else came up to them.

"Good evening, sirs," the newcomer said with a smile.

"Oh! Hello!" said Gird with a smile. "Come on, take a seat. Would you like a drink?"

"No thank you, I just ordered"

"Fair enough," Gird started. "But may I be so bold as to ask both of your names? It wouldn't do at all for me to call you two 'male' and 'female' all night long. And you can call me Gird"

Gird reached forth both of his grubby hands, never one to forget his manners.

"I am Ugluk, I command."
Ugluk

Last edited by Gird; 05-04-2004 at 11:13 PM.