View Single Post
Old 10-24-2003, 09:41 PM   #25
Knight of Gondor
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Knight of Gondor has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Knight of Gondor
Sting

I'm not even talking about power, I'm talking logistics here. Think about it! If those "swords" the hobbits carried only made daggers for normal-sized humans, than the blade itself must have been only an inch or two long! (Which brings to mind the question of why the knives were so small for a Noldorian Elf to have, in battle no less) While powerful, the blade would not have enough length to give the Witchking enough of a wound to distract him.<P>I suppose we also ought to ask if they hobbits still had those knives. The orcs would have taken them, probably...otherwise why didn't Merry and Pip take the knives out to cut their bonds? And where did they keep the knives, on their belts? Because one of them was taken buy that orc, remember?<P>As for where they got the real daggers, we didn't find out where they got Bill in the movie either. I don't think it was coincidence...perhaps Aragorn had a store of weapons nearby, or got them in Bree. Whether or not they were actually of Westernesse origin, I don't know.<P>I'm willing to bet, since we've - most of us - seen that picture of Pippin holding a wounded Merry, they both are wearing armor. They must both pick up new swords sooner or later.
Eagerly awaiting the REAL Return of the King - Jesus Christ! Revelation 19:11-16
Knight of Gondor is offline   Reply With Quote