View Single Post
Old 01-17-2011, 07:55 PM   #784
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
"Well," Dick said slowly, walking back to her with reluctant steps, as though uncertain or unwilling to say what he was about to say. "I asked, because...well...as you are just visiting, I doubt you'd know anything about it."

Aeron had that look on her face that said, 'Try me.' So Dick did. He leaned his elbows on the table and leaned closer to her.

"Some weeks ago, our cook disapeared without a trace. The only thing we could figure out was that the night before she left, she had received a letter. But althogh we sent people after the letter carrier to ask him if he knew where the letter came from or what it contained, we got no news that could help us. We searched for a while and did our best at finding her, but even all the guests at the inn who were Big People and even an elf or two couldn't find her. I was wondering...hoping...that if you'd been in the Shire long, perhaps you'd heard of her."