View Single Post
Old 06-01-2014, 06:31 AM   #17
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
Interesting, I simply read the maniac as a randomized version of the hunter.
Yeah, I also understood it as "I am the Hunter, but I will take my revenge on you whoever you are if you lynch me during the Day." Or rather, there had been many versions of Hunter who operated like this, technically the only difference here being that the Maniac does not choose anybody to "hunt". And note that the Day lynch still means the Maniac can take down a Wolf, if a Wolf is among those who voted him/her, but of course you have the element of randomness there. (Pointing this out since my initial "brain-shortcut" equation was "kills Wolf during night, kills innocents during Day", which is not entirely true, although of course still preferable not to lynch at all. So in that respect, it really IS similar to the Hunter. And since there was no mention of any special rules, I simply assume the Maniac is innocent.)
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote