View Single Post
Old 05-30-2014, 08:00 PM   #2
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
'Greetings to you all!", he said. I am Professor Inzil, and I am the one who invited you here.
The group looked around to see various computer consoles, tables littered with electronic components, and two telephone booth-sized chrome-plated cylinders at opposite sides of the room, each with its own computer console. A label on one read "RADAGAST", and the second, "WINGÉD BALROG". A shelf on the wall held many vials filled with liquids of varying colors and viscosities. One, set apart, had a large red "X" on its label, though what that label said could not be made out.
'Well, let me give you the score', he began. 'First, I have asked you here to assist me with something. I am planning to use the dish up there,' he pointed, 'to end any possible success or indeed, any memory of the horrible movies of J.R.R. Tolkien's works that have been foisted on us all by greedy, blackhearted persons.' He paused for a moment, studying the faces before him.
'The plan is to fire a beam into space that will then utilize the satellites circling the globe to transmit the beam back to the surface. The beam should have the effects of permanently removing from memory that fact that any Tolkien-related movies exist, and will simultaneously stimulate the cerebral cortex of the brain to cause the subject to utterly abhor the very idea of any movies connected with Tolkien in the future.'
Confusion, disbelief, and amusement seemed to be at war in the group.
'Wait a second,' said Shasta. 'Wasn't there something about a "great reward"'?
'Ah, well, I don't exactly have a lot of money,' replied the Professor. 'But the service you'll be rendering to mankind is beyond price!'
'How'd you get the money to do all this'?, asked Kitanna.
'Various means,' he said. 'For one thing, I've been helping a large and well-known company test safer food additives. That's some of them on the shelf over there. It was actually a failure of one of those that led to the idea behind this project.'
'What about those two things?' asked Lommy, pointing at the metal cylinders.
'Other projects', the Professor said. 'BALROG is a prototype teleporter, but there have been some snags with it. And I get sidetracked...ADHD is a terrible thing. Anyway, this process should take a few days. I will tell you that we are totally isolated here. There is no cell phone service, nor any communication with the outside. The helicopter on which you arrived will return at a set time to bring supplies. There are plenty of sleeping bags for you to bed down with, and more than enough food to see us through.'
Suddenly, a loud "BAAAA" was heard from behind a windowed door at the side.
'What's that?', cried Sally.
'Oh, goats!' replied the professor. I like goat's milk. And there are some chickens out there too. Eggs are nature's most complete source of protein!'
'So,' he ended. 'There it is. Get yourselves settled, and we'll look to starting tomorrow'.

As the group slowly wandered away, they failed to see one of their number casually pocket the vial with the red "X" from its place on the shelf.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Three members of the group walked together, unseen by the others.
'I think this is insane,' one groused. 'I like the movies!'
'Yeah!' said another. 'Viggo Mortensen was awesome! And the CGI Smaug in The Hobbit is just sick!'
'Well,' said the third, 'we don't have to participate. In fact, we could try to derail this!"
'Of course we could!' muttered the first. 'All we need to do is get rid of Professor Nutso, then the rest will be no problem.'
As the three walked, their minds were already pondering the issue.

IT IS NOW NIGHT 1.

Dreamer may dream, Baddies may PM.

The "Living"
Nerwen
Sally
Coppermirror
Loslote
Kitanna
Lommy
Legate
Nogrod
Shasta