View Single Post
Old 03-11-2004, 02:57 PM   #36
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Silmaril

Hahaha... the other movies... Classic. I've never seen The Hobbit, though since Keeper of Dol Goldur advises against it, I may to spite him.

The Return of the King is simply brilliant. I love it. My boyfriend and I occasionally start singing the songs for pure enjoyment (anybody for a rousing chorus of "Where there's a whip, there's a way [Hey hey!]!"?). And who said that the minstrel is annoying? I found the beginning rather entertaining (Bilbo: I'm so old I don't remember anything. Gandalf: Thank God we brought a minstrel from Gondor to save the day!).

I can't say I've ever made it all the way through Lord of the Rings, though. I may have, and simply [thank god] have forgotten it. I get about to the "17 years passed in the Shire" (you know, the part where 17 years worth of seasons flash in the space of about 15 seconds?) and I turn it off. Although I do vividly remember Boromir of the Horned Helm.

All in all, as horrible as these films are, I highly recommend them to everyone. Its truly a life altering experience to see Sam and have the immediate reaction "Dear God what is that thing?". But if you see them and tell someone else to, expect to be smacked at least once.

Fea