View Single Post
Old 08-08-2004, 10:22 AM   #23
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Hmmm...well partly it was only later that I realised I had tried to wear it back to front.....(I am so thick ) and that would have made the "surgery" less radical.... aslong as I sacrificed some of the many tiny buttons and lowered the back but really it was such beautiful material I would have been scared to cut it... and my cous is my god daughter and she looks so much better in it ...being a good ten inches shorter ..... and it was such a change to see her in a dress.....lol ....and I love my dress.... which has lovely embroidery in gold and silver thread... butit is just that the other one .....had embroidery and sequins like gally's and G-D ..s mother is fab with a needleso I think she will be able to do what is required...... basically it is a chiffon overdress... you would need a slip dress underneath so it wasn't quite so dim of me to try to wear it back to front (no darts to give clues ..)

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote