View Single Post
Old 05-02-2010, 11:23 AM   #25
Eorl of Rohan
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eorl of Rohan has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Durelin
Here is my bio for approval! Let me know if there are any problems. I tried to make him fit with what was in the first post - I hope I did a fine job of that.
Perfect! I looked it over line-by-line and found no problems whatsoever. This IS the personality I thought Ragnar would have!

Quote:
He is pretty similar to Artamir when it comes down to it -- I think that will make their conflict even more interesting.
He'd want to kill Artamir at every step of the way (whenever he feels they don't really need him anymore), and will need someone to convince him not to.
Ah, so Ragnar has a temper. Does he have a cold and cruel streak or is he prone to high passions? Either way, sounds fun!

Quote:
Should my first post go very far/at all past the first post for the game or should I simply give Regnar's perspective of the struggle between him and Artamir?

After all the roles have been filled and the character bios sent in, I was planning to write an "Artamir's Home Post".

This would be where all the characters would gather for 'consult' in order to assess their current situation and determine their future course in relative safety -
Kinda like Elrond's Council in Rivendell, except it's Gondor and not Mordor they're trying to reach and Elrond wants the hobbits dead.
My character will then basically outline the current situation and the different escape routes through which they can escape the City, currently under lockdown.
(Mir might have to be "persuaded" to give up this information but I'm sure Ragnar would be more than up to this task-)
From there on the choice is up to you; you could follow one of Artamir's redoubtable escape routes or come up with a whole new different idea.
I don't want to run a roleplay that runs a predetermined course, but one where the choices of the characters really makes a difference to the final outcome.

But for everyone's first posts, it'd be nice if you'd write only up to the character's perspective of First Post, changing into uniforms, and leaving the barracks.
Personally, I would be VERY interested in reading the re-interpretation of the conflict in the first post from Ragnar's point of view.