View Single Post
Old 02-19-2008, 09:34 PM   #43
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Hugo came into the kitchen, Snatch skipping along by his side, and found that he was not the first to rise. Melilot was, of course, busy at making breakfast for a horde of hobbits. Rudy was already stuffing his mouth full of eggs and rashers of bacon and fresh baked rye bread, washing it down with a big glass of milk. The girls had not yet appeared.

"Good morning!" Hugo said. "How's the weather?"

"Oh, the sun's shining bright and not a cloud to be seen," Melilot smiled. "How many eggs would you like, Pa?"

"Two, fried up an' bled. No soft yolk for me! Mmm! It smells wunnerful!" Hugo sat himself down opposite Rudy and eyed his grandson. Snatch situated himself right at the feet of Hugo's chair, eager and confident of scraps, his mouth closed and his eyes looking expectantly up at his master.

"So, Master Rudy Chubb, what'd you say to the girls?"

"Not a thing," Rudy offered. "I wanted to keep them wondering."

"Well, I'm wondering too! What are you thinking after a night of sleepin' on it?" Hugo waited for Rudy to chew and chew and swallow the amazing amount of meat and eggs he'd popped into his mouth so he could answer.