View Single Post
Old 03-05-2007, 06:10 AM   #46
The Squatter of Amon Rûdh
Spectre of Decay

The Squatter of Amon Rûdh is a guest at the Prancing Pony.The Squatter of Amon Rûdh is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Send a message via AIM to The Squatter of Amon Rûdh
Pipe

On the contrary, I welcome adulatory plaudits from all quarters. The above are simply provided as examples of the sort of response we expect to receive. Impertinent suggestions of mutual ego-massaging, on the other hand, will be taken simply as evidence that genius is seldom appreciated. I might even have to write a poem about how cruel and unfeeling is a world in which the most profound work of one's heart is received merely as vulgar entertainment for the beguiling of an idle hour. That'll show you.

I've just caught up with recent developments in the saga. Great post, Esty, particularly since it must have occupied some of your holiday. I see that you've managed to write in another of your hobbies by finally revealing to the world the dark art of Quiltomancy. You might have guessed that I particularly enjoyed the king-sized destiny revealed to Halfullion. Wynwyn is funny in modern English, but possible Old English renderings include 'Pleasure-woman' and 'Best of delights'. A joke to gladden a philologist's heart.

The increasingly extended epic of my internet connection continues. I'm reliably informed that I'm connected, but since I haven't been sent my modem or connection details that's rather academic. These problems should be sorted out by next week at the latest, which may mean dubious benefits for other areas of the forum than REB.