View Single Post
Old 01-11-2011, 03:19 PM   #775
xMellrynxMaidenx
Wight

xMellrynxMaidenx has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to xMellrynxMaidenx Send a message via MSN to xMellrynxMaidenx Send a message via Yahoo to xMellrynxMaidenx Send a message via Skype™ to xMellrynxMaidenx
Aeron had pulled her cloak around her tighter when the cold air whipped past her. She had watched the dangerous looking man enter into the once warm and cozy Inn, being none to polite to the hobbit innkeeper when ordering his pot of beer. His presence chilled her bones, causing a sour look to cross the once content and warm features of her face. She attempted to keep her focus on the male Dunadan, but found that the newcomer had unsettled her nerves greatly. She brushed off the man's unnecessary comment, and did her best to ignore him. The elder ranger had given the man quite the tongue lashing, and she hoped that it would not cause any unnecessary altercation to arise in the small Inn.

"When mother was with child, my father had hoped for a son, but instead he received me; a daughter." She paused for a moment, glancing down at her near empty mug, debating on whether or not to ask for a refill. Deciding against it, she continued with her tale,"I wanted to give my father the son he never had, which is why I became a ranger. There is no greater reason other than wanting to make my father, and my people, proud."

Her grey eyes shifted to gaze out of her peripheral vision, silently wondering if the cantankerous newcomer had any more snide remarks hidden up his sleeve.

Last edited by xMellrynxMaidenx; 01-11-2011 at 06:56 PM.