View Single Post
Old 03-10-2003, 02:44 PM   #56
Keeper of Dol Guldur
Shade of Carn Dûm

Keeper of Dol Guldur has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Actually, one might say they complimented each other very nicely. A battle-hardened, masterful one, and a level-headed, thoughtful one. And though Boromir tended to be bossy, I think he'd be more apt to listen to Faramir's opinion if his father hadn't picked him as favorite and shunted Faramir. Actually, it's almost too bad Boromir died, as when Aragorn returned he would've had quite the council, a very effective, very good one for one. It's kind of a shame, Boromir didn't get to see his father go insane and commit suicide, and almost take his little brother with him. Things would've happened just a little differently, although I don't doubt Denethor wouldn't have despaired in the first place, and so it wouldn't have happened. But when Denethor had either given up rule to Aragorn, or died of old age, things would have been better, I think, concerning bitterness and decay of the kingdom.

Which brings up another question.
Would Boromir have looked into the Palantir? He was certainly as proud and strong as his father, just not as wise. Or would Faramir's opinion and words have been enough to sway him otherwise? If so, how would IT'S presence affect their leadership?
"I come from yonder...Have you seen Baggins? Baggins has left, he is coming. He is not far away. I wish to find him. If he passes will you tell me? I will come back with gold." - Khamul the Easterling
Keeper of Dol Guldur is offline   Reply With Quote