View Single Post
Old 04-08-2003, 01:59 PM   #57
Lady Alasse
Wight

Lady Alasse has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Seven Stars and Seven Stones and One White Tree.
Slowly his hand went to his bosom and slowly he held aloft the Phial of Galadriel. For a moment it glimmered, faint as a rising star struggling in heavy earthward mists, and then as its power waxed, and hope grew in Frodo's mind, it began to burn, and kindled to a silver flame, a minute heart of dazzeling light, as though Earendil had himself come down from the high sunset paths with the last Simaril upon his brow. " and you ring-bearer," she said, turning to Frodo. "I come to you last who are not Last in my thoughts. For you I have prepared this." She held up a small crystal phial: it glittered as she moved it, and rays of white light sprang from her hand. " In this Phial," she said," Is caught the light of Earendil's star, set amid the waters of my fountain. It will shine still brighter when night is about you. May it be a light to you in dark places, when all other lights go out. Remember Galadriel and Her Mirror!
Frodo took the Phial, and for a moment as it shone between them he saw her again standing like a queen, great and beautiful, but no longer terrible. He bowed, but found no words to say.

Tolkein is just full of beautiful Passages and Paragraphs. I can't find my simarillion at the moment or I would write some of those also.
He teacheth my hands to war; so that a bow of steel is broken by my arms.-II Samuel 22:35
Lady Alasse is offline   Reply With Quote