View Single Post
Old 06-18-2003, 06:47 AM   #11
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Sting

Annawyn smiled at the girls’ enthusiasm. They had obviously enjoyed being out of doors on such a beautiful day. That was so much more interesting than sitting in the shop’s sewing room, though two large windows gave enough light and air to make working pleasant. However, there was work to be done, and they were here to learn how to do it well.

“You did right to help hang up the banners,” she said approvingly. “I am sure that you were more careful with them than anyone else would have been. After all, they were your labour. But there are seams to be stitched, if the dresses that were ordered for next week are to be finished on time. Work awaits you in the sewing room.”

Annawyn suppressed a sympathetic smile upon seeing their crestfallen faces. She too would have enjoyed a walk outside, but work awaited her as well. She followed them into the sewing room. Before sitting down to finish the intricate embroidery on a dress, she clapped her hands to get the attention of the young women who were diligently plying both needles and tongues.

“Ladies, I am certain that you are all aware of the party at the ‘White Horse’ this evening. I hope that you are all planning to enjoy yourselves there. There will be much to see – the banners that Ravenna and Mellaith have made,” she paused to applaud the youngest apprentices, the others joining in, “and there will surely be some dresses that were sewn here. To give all of you time to prepare yourselves, we will be finishing work somewhat earlier today.”

Excited smiles greeted her announcement, then animated chattering accompanied the rustle of fabric and the clatter of scissors.
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'