View Single Post
Old 05-04-2005, 04:25 PM   #17
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Eye

Well first I would like to say welcome to The Downs to Felagund. And than I would like to address your question.

I agree that we don't see traps and wires used in the books but, as I am one of those that mentions it in this thread, I would assert that I put it forth as my way of handling a warg charge. Not saying this is how. I found that if they could do that there is a possibility that it wouuld be effective.

Secondly, I think that Tolkien didn't write much about warfare tatics and that's why we speculate.

So you are suggesting though that heavily armored warriors or dwarves, again heavily armored, would be able to stop a charge? I like the thought, however, I wonder if you would incorporate archers shooting the Wargs before the onslaught? Would pikemen play any role? Do you think that Men, Elves, or Dwarves would be best in this and why? I wouldn't pick dwarves, while stong and steadfast I don't think they would have the needed speed to dodge the Wargs. Which leave us, in my opinion, as elves or men.

I don't have much time now to consider that one but I would like your opinion on that.