View Single Post
Old 12-18-2007, 11:46 AM   #103
Lalwendė
A Mere Boggart

Lalwendė is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Lalwendė is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galendor View Post
Me too - but my happiness is laced with dread over what Jackson might do to the story.

In LOTR he only had one dwarf to work with, but still managed to insert multiple instances of short jokes, dwarf tossings, and general comic behavior from and surrounding poor Gimli. In The Hobbit, he will have 13 dwarves as main charcters, and potentially hundreds more in The Battle of Five Armies - just think of the opportunities for basal humor! Jackson may be salivating already at this prospect - if his comic portrayal of Gimli is any guide for expectations - it might be hard to fit any real Tolkien dialogue into The Hobbit between all of the potential short jokes, dwarf tossings, body humor, etc. The audience could be rolling the isles at the whole grand slapstick comedy of it all !
I know. When I go to see this film I'll be taking some earplugs because I don't want my eardrums bursting with the inevitable inclusion of a resounding chorus of 13 dwarves belching at once. I'm totally looking forwards to resumption of lots of "But it's not part of the Legendarium" rants from davem though

Two films? Eh?! Maybe, just maybe, they will not have enough material so they will slip in a little extra based on Tom Bombadil and the Barrow Wight?

Is Jackson actually going to direct this? Or just produce?