View Single Post
Old 05-25-2008, 02:00 PM   #3
Bęthberry
Cryptic Aura

Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Pipe

Thanks for those links, Mister U. How fascinating to see the internet/chat used for such creative public relations. If I remember correctly, Chris Carter of XFiles fame cursed internet communities for hamstringing possibilities on the show but here PJ and GdT seem to be embracing the opportunity to develop a positive rapport. By and large, each director hit the right buttons to keep me mildly interested in what might come of this (although not to relieve my qualms over "Film 2").

GdT's explanation of his "sword and scorcery" comment is about exactly what I would expect from someone with his interest/credentials in traditional fairie.

It's also interesting to hear that he "has other plans for R[on] P[erlman]". Coming with his declared interest in the character of Beorn, one wonders . . . . And at least they didn't mention James Earl Jones as a potential candidate for Smaug's voice.

All in all, a nice bit of prepping of the fandom.