View Single Post
Old 06-19-2006, 12:03 PM   #58
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Durelin - I am wondering if yours should be the first post of the game and Aragorn's letter should be second?

Would you want to have the last sentence be that Khamir struggled to write and entrusted a ragged piece of paper with a message for the King to some sort of trader who had brought supplies to the "free" villages in the South. This trader is now going back to Minas Tirith. It is about 800 miles to Minas Tirith if you assume there's a hidden pass where the River Poros cuts into the mountains. Assuming you are on horseback at a realistic speed (4-5 mph), you could get to MT in 25-30 days. The same would be true for the fellowship on the return trip.

I will amend my post for Aragorn so that he will mention the slaves have promised to remain in their present location (caves at the mouth of that unnamed river that runs west from the Sea) for 2 months to see if help arrives and would then set out to the north, on their own if necessary. If we wanted to, the caves could be deserted when the fellowship comes galloping up and they go racing off in the direction the slaves have gone (Lindir is a scout and tracker) and meet up with them within the first day. Does this sound doable?