View Single Post
Old 05-24-2020, 06:41 AM   #28
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macalaure View Post
Reporting for duty!

Is there a cobbler in this game? If not, there is now.
Woot! And yes there is a cobbler.

With 13-15 players I'm thinking

1 Seer
1 Ranger
1 Hunter
3 wolves
1 Cobbler
6-8 Villagers

I suspect we'll get to 16+, in which I will add a 4th wolf. And the regular hunter will become a Beast Hunter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huinesoron View Post
I see I've been tentatively signed up for this one? Given how many people are coming back to the Downs over these games, I'd like to opt out for now, to free up space for a returning player. If you feel the game is still small enough when people stop signing up, I'll happily opt back in.
I mean, if you wish. I don't expect there will be as many as Nog's game, but there is no limited # of spots. I wanted to leave the possibility that it could be a smaller sized village, but also if there are more players it could balance out.

Quote:
Speaking of that limit: you've been talking about only activating the Nightmare Wolf once two wolves are dead, but with only three wolves, I feel like there's a huge risk that the NW will be entirely useless, because the Seer could well already know the identity of the final wolf by the time it activates.
With 3 wolves I was leaning towards pre-determining 1 the NW and informing the entire pack who it was. That would seem fair.

With 4 wolves I'm leaning towards the once 2 are dead, together they become powerful enough to activate the NW powers.

I'll think about the Medium more and get more input.

I agree it would be better to only explicitly reveal the Medium (or that there was none) at the DL. I could include it in the narration of the lynch. This would allow the dead to still possibly send messages, but it would also give the wolves the chance at night to strategize what that message possibly is. If I explicitly reveal during the Day, I can see how that kills the suspense on that Day.

I also see where Mac is going with not explicitly revealing and just having the final vote count. It would be clear if none was chosen. There still might be a message sent from the dead, it could take quite a bit of unraveling. But that could benefit the village side, as if the "possible" Medium was hiding in between 5 other voters. The confusion of unraveling who the Medium was could benefit wolves, but not revealing the Medium could benefit the village as in not putting a "kill me" target on that person's back.

I'll think about it some more. Either way, the Medium (or no Medium chosen) won't be known by the Living until the end of the DL, and included in the narration.