View Single Post
Old 05-23-2020, 01:14 PM   #13
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
Or, taking time zones into consideration, the wolves could specify in their PM who they would like to sacrifice, regardless of who sends it.
Or that, yes, that's an important detail, and that sounds like an about right correction to make up for it. (Because, unfairness to people in "right timezones" aside, if it was just about the one who sends it, people could also use it as meta-thinking for who might the living Wolves still be, and such.)

Quote:
That's a thought. Another option is a role I tried to use in my first game (which was utterly misused by TP IMHO, so requires careful evaluation) where a pseudo-Seer sends dreams to other people. So innocents and wolves alike can receive dreams at the discretion of the dream sender.
That sounds 200% abuse-able and I can absolutely see what one could do with that.

Quote:
I like the NW idea. I think part of the balance of that role should be the determination of who becomes the NW, and under what conditions. Some ideas:
- the first wolf to die, but only once the Dead Thread has X number of members
- the second wolf to die
- the wolf taken out by the Beast Hunter
- all wolves collectively on the thread, but only when a minimum 2 wolves are dead
I like the idea of there being some quota for the dead thread before the ability kicks in. Otherwise I also support the idea of all the dead WWs deciding amongst themselves (via Nightly PMs, presumably) and just sending their pick to the Mod, the same way a Night kill would be done.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote