View Single Post
Old 05-01-2020, 07:22 AM   #29
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
What do you think of a no lynch or both killed idea for a Game Thread tie? I feel that first votes is rather unpopular because it doesn't reflect the latest developments, and last votes has caused a lot of frustration with people refreshing the page, trying to get their vote in on DL:00.
I have no strong feeling about this and would like to hear what the general opinion is. I kind of dislike the double-lynches or no-lynches - and kind of like the last minute frenzy, and the accompanied adrenaline rush, when people try to beat the clock at the last seconds (it's also quite telling sometimes, what people do in that frenzy - or say they tried to do). But yes, I'd like to hear your thoughts on this.

Two questions.

The Deadlines.

I checked the timezones. If the Deadline would be Midnight here in Finland (GMT/UTC +3) I could write the narrations immediately after the Day has ended. Pushing it any further might start giving me problems to stay up and fresh everyday (there will be days I really need to get up early). That would make it one hour earlier (11PM) in continental Europe, and two hours earlier in London (10PM).

In the US the deadline would be according to the Eastern Time -7 hours (from Finland) aka. 5PM (Central Time would then be 4PM).

That's if I read the Daylight Savings stuff correctly.

How do these sound for you?

Anyone from somewhere else?

Game-start / number of players

I asked Sally and Macalaure in Fb whether they'd have enough time to sort their 'Downs-account problems if we'd start with Night1 on Sunday-evening (Sunday afternoon in the US)? So that would be my suggestion as for now.

What do you think about the number of Villagers, should we set a limit or should we let everyone willing to join who does it before the game starts?

In principle it would be nice to let everyone willing to play in, as it has been such a long time since the previous game - and big games do have a certain craziness of their own. But exactly that: huge games are a bit crazy - and kind of call for more roles or extra-rules, which I think are quite not how we were thinking of this in the beginning (a nice small old school game for a change ).

But yes, I'm quite okay with a larger game as well - and am not exactly pushing for added roles (just add more "wolves" if there are more Villagers), but probably the Cobbler.
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote