View Single Post
Old 04-30-2020, 02:35 PM   #16
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
Sounds like a good idea. However, I wonder whether it may not be better to do the thing that has been done a few times in the past - that the Dead Thread (or in this case, QT) "empowers" a villager by voting for someone, and the person they vote for then gets, for instance, an extra weight for their vote - i.e. their vote counts as two.

The advantages of this were among other things that the Dead could thus send the Living some messages, as in, not only empowering people in order to catch Wolves, but also to signal, say, "hey, you can trust person X" or "what X has been saying makes sense" etc. To be sure, it offered plenty of room for the Living (with the Wolves assisting merrily) to bicker about what exactly it was that the Dead were exactly trying to say etc. Sometimes however this mechanic got straightaway "hijacked" by the Living dictating the Dead what they should do (not that the Dead listened, if I remember correctly).
That part in bold is just what I wanted to avoid. Back in those games those discussions took most of the air from the thread and people talked less about who to vote than how to best use the game mechanics and why the other thread should comply...

So yes, I was willing to make it more straightforward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel
By the way, what happens to the Gifteds when they are in quarantine? Can the Seer still dream? And how about Wolves - can dead Wolves PM amongst themselves?
I think it has been the general rule that all the special abilities and advances the different gifts bring to people are negated in death aka. in quarantine. So no more dreams to the Seer, no more PM'ing with the other "Infectors" (wolves) by Night, no more hunting or rangering...

One more question about that QT-vote came to mind from your comments. Should it actually be just one hour before the DL they have to vote? In a normal game the action tends to pack into the last hour of the Day - or the last 1˝ hours - if the Deadline is good for most people. I wouldn't want to leave it to the very end but would like to leave the Villagers some time to mull the QT vote over before the DL. On the other hand, the later the QT can follow the things folding out the more reasoned choices they can made - and the more fulfilling the game is for them.

Just remember, that a "more reasoned choice" doesn't equal "the right choice"

Talking of the Deadline...

As no-one wishes for an early morning Deadline (US late evening translates into early morning in Europe), I'd suggest we'd go for something like little bit before Midnight GMT. That would be Midnight or little after in Finland, little before in Continental Europe and an hour earlier in the UK - and something like afternoon in the Eastern US.

What do you think?
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote