Thread: Acting out FOTR
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2002, 10:16 AM   #1
PearlDolamrath

Sting Acting out FOTR

THIS DID ACTUALLY HAPPEN!

During the Summer holidays my family and I were visiting some LTR fan friends and my brother and I started acting out FOTR with the two children. As there were only four of us we had to each play several parts and most parts had more than one person playing them. We skipped the prolouge as none of us could remember the bits of Elvish at the beginning. One of the friends, she will be refered to as A, was really into LTR and claimed the part of Frodo imediatly. The other friend, he will be refered to as B, wasn't quite as into it and kept forgetting his lines.
My brother got the part of Gandalf to begin with. Half way through Gandalf and Frodo's discussion about Bilbo, A forgot her lines and I took over being Frodo. When Gandalf reached Bag End he was greeted by three Bilbos who helped each other to remember their lines. My brother took over Bilbo at the party and A started playing Gandalf. Near the end of The Shadow of the Past A decided she wanted to be Sam and so Gandalf was given back to my brother.
B was supossed to play Saruman but after awhile my brother and A said all his lines for him while he pretended to say them.
Some people online have complained about film-Frodo dropping the ring too often, well in our version it was much worse as my outfit didn't have a pocket and the ring had to be stored in a fold which it kept falling out of.
Strider (as portrayed by my brother) developed a new skill in our version, he was imune to the invisabilty of the ring, or in other words, my brother grabbed my and told me I drew far to much attention to myself while I still had the ring on!
The Nazgul's attack of the bed was more like the version in the Bakshi film than the new film as we weren't that good at synchronisation, our shrieks were very satisfying though.
Weathertop was quite well done too despite the fact that the Lord of the Nazgul (B) was under the impresion that he had killed Strider.
The Ford scene was great even though I was being held tightly by the back of my shirt by Arwen (A).
Elrond (B) was awful so we skipped from Frodo saying he was ready to go home to the Council of Elrond where my brother took charge. A wanted to play Legolas and B was scheduled for Gimli. My brother took the parts of bothe Boromir and Strider as I was already such a mian part. However, when Gimli was called upon to break his axe B wasn't forthcoming so I ran forward, grabbed his axe from him and cried "What are we waiting for?!"
On Caradhras I was a little worried that for once the ring would not fall out of the fold, but luckly it did. We then got a new Saruman (A) who chanted something very simalir to what Arwen had said at the ford...
In Moria I was alowed to play that wondefully important charactor the skeleton, my last part as we had to leave then. I hope to continue the game next time we see our friends.

Have any of you had similar experiances.

Oh and by the way, THIS DID ACTUALLY HAPPEN!