Thread: Best bits.
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2021, 01:15 PM   #6
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
The Extended Edition extra features. God is my witness that I was sharply critical of the films from the get-go, even if they proved far better than my fears going in and even if I haven't quite reached Hui's stage of acceptance on the Arwen-replacing-Glorfindel front, I do think of the PJ movies with a mellowed attitude compared to my former self.

But even my former self loved the Extended Editions and their cornucopia of special features, including (if memory serves) four commentary tracks each. My parents bought all the Extended Editions and I actually made it through EVERY feature and EVERY commentary track on the Fellowship and large chunks of the later two. I learned so much about the craft of movie-making and my pre-existent love of Tolkien's letters and the HoME paired nicely for a long, drawn-out "making of" experience. Even if the end product I would still have had be otherwise, I truly enjoyed that ride.