View Single Post
Old 10-02-2020, 03:11 PM   #300
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
Unless you have another idea for how to interpret the numbers? If you know how to decode them, that will speed things up significantly.
One!
And another One makes
Two!
And another One makes
Three (that's me!)
Five-four-three-two-one
Numberjacks!

Er, anyway...

The very first chord of the Meeting is given as Am(V-555775) . Searching around produces this page, which provides the same description (Am (V) - 555775), and also includes a picture of what "Am (V)" looks like:

Now, I didn't even know fifth chords existed until now (only sevenths), but luckily they also give some saner chords. Like D! D is cool. They give D as 232000.

Wikipedia has an article on this, which also provides D... as 000232.

Do they make more sense if you read them backwards?

Yep! Here's Am as 577555 from an English-language source. Apparently Russians just write their chords backwards from the English-speaking world.

Poking around the internet a bit, this means Beren's lines:

I had to flee the shadow that fell
The last out

Would be chorded Gdim - Gdim7 -//- Dsus - Dm.

I don't know what suspended or diminished chords are either, but G,G / D,D looks pretty sensible to me. ^_^

For further corroboration: that odd '7 10 9977' (or 7799 10 7 in English) is apparently Gsus, of which a random website says:

There's a bunch o' ways [you can play it]. you could do 320013 or 355533, just to name a few... I guess you could also do 7799107, but that's kinda stretchin' it...

So there it is. A real chord, but played weirdly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G55
I think the "upswing" of the cloak definitely works. If you are on the fence about it, I would argue against removing it completely, because it's pretty cool. If you feel that it needs changing, maybe only at the tip, where it bends towards Sauron rather than swishing away as a swung cloak would.
Oh, that's how you're seeing it? Hmm. I can work with that version... maybe. We'll see.

Art updates: I have Beren and Amarie drawn, and Captivity all ready to go when I get round to drawing the Faithful. I've also re-recorded my parts for it, so it'll actually sound good and all. ^_^ I tried adding Finrod to the choir, but it didn't work too well, so I've left him out for now.

Next up, my nemesis: wind-blown leaves.

hS
Huinesoron is offline   Reply With Quote