View Single Post
Old 12-22-2012, 04:47 AM   #104
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Quote:
Originally Posted by davem View Post
I do take your point, but as I've said I've found as many, if not more, errors in the negative reviews which weren't attacked in the same way, so I can't help feeling that the 'offence' taken has less to do with the errors and more to do with the fact that they appeared in a positive review.
Offence taken by whom, WCH? If you're including me– well, I was actually pointing out that there's been a lot of posing going on, on all sides. Posing is one thing, though, and saying 'only Tolkien experts (like myself) are fit to criticise this film' quite another– even without the additional implication of, 'and those who criticise it can't really be experts'. And yet, davem, apparently your post at #96 is a reaction to WCH doing, in your opinion, much the same thing.

Besides, you've also argued that the main thing is that the film make a profit– which is as close as can be to a direct opposite to Abramson's position.

Finally– what's the problem, anyway? It's not as though this thread is devoted to roasting the "Hobbit" movie– quite the contrary. Most of the comments I've read here have been at least fairly positive, as a matter of fact.