View Single Post
Old 07-19-2006, 04:58 PM   #157
Undómë
Shade of Carn Dûm

Undómë has just left Hobbiton.
Rare as Dwarves were in Stock and as curious as she might be about where they’d come from and what they’d seen, still Rowan was in too much a hurry to get her duties done. Meliot’s find in Jack’s room had intrigued her.

‘Yes, sirs,’ she answered once they’d placed their order. ‘Ham it is and cheddar from Brandy Hall itself. Oh and yes of course mustard. I’ll bring you several kinds, in fact. Cook grinds them up…quite good. And a basket of bread…no, two, I think. Three pitchers of ale…’ she started to turn away. ‘Oh and yes…I’m sure I can round up a pouch of Longbottom Leaf, too.’

Rowan flew round the kitchen like a whirlwind, gathering up what was needed. She threw in a dish of pickles, too. With an economy of motion, she set the food and ale and pipeweed before the trio. Even as they thanked her, she was smiling and nodding as she backed away.

She dropped her tray behind the bar and ran to find Meliot. Taking her friend by the arm, she maneuvered the both of them out the door. ‘Let’s find somewhere private,’ she said as they hurried down the front steps……