View Single Post
Old 06-26-2006, 03:17 PM   #80
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Undómė
hmmmmm . . . Nogrod I'm not quite sure what you mean by NPC's.

Are you referring to the players' minor characters?
Not indeed, but to the Non Player Characters. If the slave escapees total something like 56 people and there are 6 writers with characters, it means that there are 50 people "coming along" - and some of those would be quite important characters indeed (if we play only the young "hang-arounds").

So what I was asking, was whether we should have something like a shared understanding that f.ex. the leader of the slave escapees is named Quahan and is 36 years old fiery character with a 10 year old child whom he protects over all else - or is she Dūmin, a 56 year old lady, the renowned maid of a chieftain killed long ago... or whatever. So that we would be writing the same people and the same story. Of course we may go on writing and then the first to write about the slave-escapee -leaders will get to invent their names and such, but we could also discuss them before they are actually written into the story...

Anyway you people like it. I'm still only at my second RPG here and am new to the ways these things are handled.