Thread: Password
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2022, 08:18 AM   #11940
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I do keep coming back to this, but always get nowhere.

#2 is probably King Rollo, but apart from being very sad that it's not an Oliver Postgate clue I don't know where to go next.

#5: the street map book is probably an A-Z, and 'one short November' sounds like "in". So... ????ZA????IN. The toy could be a ball, but Balzalin isn't a thing.

-- wait. If the toy is a yo-yo, and "small" means it's missing a letter, this could be yo + z-a + y + an == YOZAYAN, an Adunaic name for Numenor.

#6: By pulling out a list of Oxford colleges, it looks like Oriel could become ERIOL, if we're feeling Lost Tales-ish.

#8: The middle name in question is probably Gavriel (as in Guy Kay), but, like... that just leads to GABRIEL, who's not very Middle-earthy.

#9: I ran down a chemical blind alley before realising that the effect of peroxide is probably just "bleach". Or white?

#11: I'm thinking hard about this priest of yours, but he's not giving me the answer; just muttering in Latin.

hS